How to keep your skin healthy and full of life this winter!
Posted on 21 January 2015
The winter season is here and summer is a ways away. Here are a few tips to keep your skin beautiful and glowing during cold weather.
1. Eat healthy. This is and always will be an important factor to keeping your skin healthy all year around!
2. Stay hydrated. Water is your best friend during this winter season! It is very important to drink lots of water to keep your skin from being dry and dull.
3. Stay away from super-hot showers. Hot showers can make the skin very dry. Take lukewarm showers/baths instead to keep your skin moist. Be sure to moisturize after you bathe.
4. Find a good moisturizer. To keep your skin moist and supple, use an "oil-based" moisturizer rather than a water-based. One of the best oils for the skin is coconut oil and olive oil. These oils will protect your skin from harsh winds and dryness. Trader Joe's has some amazing organic solutions for this.
5. Place open water vases in your room. Why you ask? Because when the heat is on blast it can quickly dry out your skin. To prevent massive dry skin, place 2-3 vases of open water in your room to balance the air and keep it moist.
You can also you a humidifier. This one from Honeywell is very popular!
What are your tips for keeping your skin looking and feeling healthy during the winter season? Share your skin care tips with us!